Eat it as a meal, or leave out the shrimp, tomato and avocado and it makes the perfect side dish.
1 Count of Vegetable Oil
1 Chopped Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
3/4 Cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can of corn kernels, drained
10-12 raw shrimp, devined
1 can black beans
1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1 chopped Roma tomato
1 chopped avocado
Make the Quinoa Party Happen
1. Heat the oil in the pan, and add the garlic and onion
2. Add the quinoa and stir around to brown, cover with vegetable broth.
3. Season with quinoa with cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce and simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked.
5. Stir in the corn and shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes to warm the corn through.
6 Remove from heat, add the black beans, chopped tomato and avocado.
Serve and Enjoy!!!