Start the New Year off right with a breakfast. If it’s most important meal of the day, one can conclude that NY’s brunch is the most important meal of the year. If you don’t believe me on this one watch the Coen Brother’s movie, Fargo (excellent movie by the way). In this movie, Margie goes on and on about breakfast.
Spinach, Bacon and Hash Brown Quiche
Delectably quick and easy, the hash brown crust makes it a much simpler process to put together. No rolling pins!
2 Cups of Frozen Hash Browns (thawed), and mashed with a potato masher
6 slices of bacon cut up into 1 inch pieces
1 small yellow onion
1 package of frozen spinach (or fresh, what ever you prefer) OR Substitute with Broccoli
2/3 cup mozzerella cheese, grated
1/3 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1. Press the grated/”smushed” hash browns into a 9 inch pie crust dish. If there is a lot of moisture, use a paper towel when smushing into the dish to remove some of the water.
2. Bake hash brown pie dish in oven at 425 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes.
3. While hash brown crust is baking, cook chopped bacon with onion. Drain mixture of fat and put into a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix in eggs, spinach and cheeses.
5. When ready, fill hash brown crust with egg/spinach/bacon mixture. Bake at 325 degrees Celsius for 30-35 minutes.
If you are feeding a brood, you might consider making 2… one quiche fed about 5 people in my family. The other 5 were pretty mad and hungry.
Just kidding. I made two.
Happy Eating! and Happy Almost NY’ EVE!!